So the big news for today [it's pre-empting something else in my life, I assure you] is that Lollapalooza released the schedule of acts. Sunday turned out to be a real Sophie's Choice, and I could use some advice on all three days, actually.

Friday starts out easy, with Elvis Perkins in Dearland starting things off. He came up on the iPod recently and I liked it. Additionally, he's on TV tomorrow night. From there it's off to Colour Revolt, who I discovered a few weeks ago as my new favorite band.

I then enter an almost 4 hour dead period - I'd like to check out The Polyphonic Spree, but other than that, is there anything I must see?


Bands I should check out on Friday Afternoon
Bang Bang Bang
Charlie Musselwhite
Viva Voce
Jack's Mannequin
The Polyphonic Spree
Powerspace
Sparklehorse
Slightly Stoopid
Electric Six
Against Me!
Inward Eye
moe.
M.I.A.
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com



The evening starts off with Blonde Redhead - Dumbek and I were chatting about not having enough time to listen to new music, and Blonde Redhead is the perfect example of this for me - I heard the title track from 23 and fell completely in love with it, bought the record weeks - no, months ago now - and have yet to listen to it. After that is LCD Soundsystem [best splash page ever], who will be finishing up just as Daft Punk starts ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STAGE. That's just a dance-punk crime.

Saturday? I think that's another post for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment