You aint got nothing till ya know her

Ugh, fine. Here's the Muxtape.

Things I'm listening to:



I picked up this reissue a few weeks ago, based on the post-rock, opening-for-the cure noise. It's not bad - a little digital hardcore sounding in parts.



Holy shit, I get it I get it I get it now. The story of Grizzly Bear is I picked up Yellow House and was kind of meh, and saw them live and was blown away, and now I have their debut album from 2005 and it's easily one of the best things I've heard all year. The delicacy of Iron and Wine, only smashed to pieces. Plus, the remix disc is hot too. Today Grizzly Bear was leaked as a Lollapalooza artist and I certainly hope to catch them there.

Also A++ in the first lineup release? Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Wilco, Bloc Party, Stephen Malkmus, and The Go! Team. B++ artists then include Kanye West, Gnarls Barkley, Cat Power and Girl Talk. And then a bunch of stuff I have very little interest in.



Portishead are headlining Saturday at Coachella - someone was nice enough to pass along a leak of Third to me a month ago and it's fucking brilliant. THE END. No, really - it's just as good as the first one - slighty noisier, industrial sounding even, and that's some kind of progress. Was it worth waiting like 10 years for - actually yes.



Not so much this time. Too much singing, not enough noising. It has some moments, but on a few listens, I actually kind of dislike it [gasp!].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment