Nineteen



I'm not sure how this wound up on the countdown, I'm claiming a technical glitch in Last.fm.

Pansy Division are great in theory, but in practice it's just never done it for me. I've bought the records, I've seen the live show, and all I come away with is a big old feeling of "This is why they hate us".

OK, Pile Up actually is their best CD - a collection of b-sides and covers, including a pretty straight forward rendition of Husker Du's "The Biggest Lie", which even I was able to figure out was about boys.

4 Comments:

  1. Dumbek said...
    I like the idea of PD more than I actually like them. I love the idea of boys singing about boys, but their songs rarely get past the Beavis-and-Butthead-type novelty of singing about gay sex. They're tons of fun, but I find it hard to sit though a whole CD.

    Though I'll admit it's fun to listen to them when I'm at the gym. Something about hearing "Cocksucker Club" really loud while in the middle of a roomful of straight boys is kind of hot. :)

    I didn't know about the Husker Du cover. Thanks for the tip.
    keith said...
    Yeah, it's just kind of embarrassing for everyone involved.

    Enjoy the cover!
    John said...
    I would go see the boys every time they'd plow thru Cleveland at the Grog Shop - by the time they ditched the novelty aspects of everything and began writing real songs it was too late.

    Very much a '90s memory.
    Anonymous said...
    شركة تسليك مجاري
    <a href="https://www.al-mnarr.com/%d8%b4%d8%b1%d9%83%d8%a9-%d8%aa%d8%b3%d9%84%d9%8a%d9%83-%d9%85%d8%ac%d8%a7%d8%b1%d9%8a-%d8

Post a Comment