"Wow!" said the broken Californian down

Four times a year ["Quarterly", if you will] I get real busy at work - it's why the web-log kind of dies for a month. I even contemplated just killing it off for good this time. Here's October in bulletpoints, with links and pictures. Bulletpoints, links and pictures = WEBLOGGING!!!

  • Tonight Rob, Stacie, Bill and I are going to check out Control over at the Kendall.

  • In other goth news, I give you Kynt and Vyxsin.



  • CAN'T WAIT. Plus, les-les ministers? Scissor me timbers!

  • In other South Park news, the return of the Woodland Christmas Critters on South Park this week gave us the first tolerable episode of this season.

  • Wednesday's show wasn't that bad. Openers Johnossi were underwhelming, but Shout Out Louds were pretty good - Wish era Cure crossed with Low Life era New Order.


  • Shout Out Louds


    The crowd was awful. Young eurotrash. In front of us were the makeout king and queen, and I had a creative clapper to my left.

  • Monday my new car that I've made two payments on got crunched by a tractor trailer. I'm kind of not thinking about it, I'm kind of in denial, I'm kind of letting the insurance company deal with it.

  • Last weekend in Provincetown averaged out fine.

  • Provincetown


    I saw tons of old friends, and got my Christmas shopping done. However the inn I stayed at was hella-creepy and I hate the fact that you can't get a dinner for under $30 in that town - you'd think it was Reykjavik.

  • The weekend before that Rob and I went to Spookyworld, and that did NOT average out fine, that was truly awful.

  • Barbara Streisand
    For reals, there was a Barbara Streisand pumpkin
    .


    Luckily I had scored free tickets. Luckily, the magic show was the gayest thing I've ever seen, and I am totally obsessed with Lance and Jarrod. To the point where a few times a day I find myself wondering what they're doing.



    It usually involves eating a lonely cup-o-noodles in a trailer while reading the bible. Or maybe cruising Craig's List for some PnP. I kind of want their lives.

  • The new Radiohead record? A++. And the new Underworld record is just as good - dare I start the bandwagon and declare it their best since Second Toughest of the Infants? I do! The new Jimmy Eat World? Not so much. Not awful, but not stunning either.

  • However you wouldn't know what I'm listening to since I had to disable iPod scrobbling for Last.fm [technical difficulties - iSproggler suddenly started gobbling up all of my RAM - please stand by].

  • Oh, I've totally been sucked into Facebook. How did that happen?

So that was the month that was. Blogger is now supporting following up with comments via email, which kind of rocks, since when people commented with their blogger identity I had no [easy] way of responding.

2 Comments:

  1. Dumbek said...
    bulletpoint comments

    - I think October sucks for blogging. Not sure why, but everyone seems to lose interest - including me.

    - Vyxsin looks like a younger Grace Slick with a boob job.

    - Sorry to hear about your car.

    - I'll bet you $100 Lance is a big ol' drag queen.

    - iSproggler is doing the same thing to me. I only turn it on when I'm listening to music and not doing anything else.
    keith said...
    I found that the official last.fm iTunes plugin is now sort of supporting iPod plays, which is better than having 300k of RAM sucked up. But I'm so glad to know I wasn't the only one with the issue!

Post a Comment