Never ever really empty

Dear Live Nation,



You ought to be ashamed of yourself for a 50% mark-up on a ticket. Lord knows I'm all for capitalism and don't mind paying for the luxury of picking up a ticket at will call, but not when that's almost as expensive as the ticket. For reals - I sometimes don't even notice service charges, but in a case like this [I like Skinny Puppy and all, but don't need to see them], you got too greedy, because now I'll just pick up my ticket this weekend in person, netting you $0.00.

In other news, I spent the afternoon researching how early I was going to have to show up to the big GA Wilco show next month, and the answer is inconclusive! Last year folks apparently waited either hours or showed up 20 minutes before the show and were right up front. If anyone has any advice on the Pines Theater, I'd appreciate it...

In other news, the new Wilco record? My God, it's full of stars. I listened to it twice in a row Sunday night and could barely hold back the tears [I was not in a good space to begin with, and I'm not getting into it].

1 Comment:

  1. Dumbek said...
    I do that all the time. I just can't bring myself to pay that much money in extra fees.

    Not only does it backfire on them in that they don't get the service charges out of me, but it's not uncommon for me to end up bailing on a show altogether. I was all ready to buy a ticket, but now I'm going to wait...maybe pick one up if I happen to be near the venue...maybe later in the week...if nothing else comes up...and I don't forget...or maybe I'll just stay home that night...

    You _almost_ had me - until you got greedy.

Post a Comment